Jackie's Booklikes

Insights for the Booksites - reading mostly for my own pleasure

Jackiez
SPOILER ALERT!

HARRY POTTER and the Goblet of Fire #4

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4)Ugh! How frustrating and stupid Cornelius Fudge is! I was outraged that before Bart Crouch admitted to Voldemorts rising again, Barty was killed by a dementor! AND on top of that Cornelius didn't believe Voldemort was back again even after Harry Potter saw him rise before his eyes! even after Cedric died there in the graveyard! It was a very sad ending and the only ones who seemed to have gained anything this year was George and Fred Weasley. Harry Potter gave the thousand galleons he won from the Tri Wizard Tournament to them.

I would've never guessed who the culprit was who'd been spying at Hogwarts the whole time right under everyone's noses. From the beginning the story flowed quite nicely and now that I've read it, I understood a lot more than I'd perceived from watching the movie.

Something we learn by reading the book that we don't see in the movie was that Rita Skeeter was an Animagus who transformed herself into a black beetle. That's why she was able to write in depth stories about things to put in the Daily Prophet Newspaper.

I've been on a Harry Potter book/movie marathon for the past week starting with the Philosopher's Stone. I have to say the movie cuts out a lot of insightful information however I thought the tent the Weasleys stayed in looked better in the movie ha! The house elfs were completely left out in this movie whereas Winky played a big role and so did Dobby and the rest of the Hogwarts house elves.