Jackie's Booklikes

Insights for the Booksites - reading mostly for my own pleasure

Jackiez

The Spider [Elemental Assassin #10]

The Spider (Elemental Assassin) (Paperback) - Common - by Jennifer Estep

After reading the first 9 novels in this series I really enjoyed this one. It's about Gin's recount of what happened to her 10 years ago. I thought the story was a good one. Ten years ago, just to name a few facts, Xavier and Roslyn Phillips hadn't met yet and Roslyn was about to open Northern Aggression, her hot nightclub. It is also at this time that Gin meets Owen, her brawny boyfriend.

While in the pork pit, after receiving a package of dark blue roses Gin narrates to Owen the time she fell in love with Sebastian Vaughn; the monster who was beating his little sister, Charlotte. I liked Charlotte and what was cool about her is that she was friends with Bria Coolidge! Gin Blanco's baby sister! omg! Even before Gin knew Bria was even still alive.

Anyway I thought this book was fantastic and anyone whose a fan of the Elemental Assassin series should read it.

What I find frustrating about Gin's elemental abilities, particularly her stone powers is she doesn't use them until she desperately has to, but then she always kicks ass because she is very strong and powerful.