Jackie's Booklikes

Insights for the Booksites - reading mostly for my own pleasure

Jackiez

The Coldest Girl in Coldtown review

The Coldest Girl in Coldtown - Holly Black

After a night of partying Tana wakes up and finds that everyone at the party has been slaughtered. What compels her to rescue a vampire named Gavriel, and her ex-boyfriend Aidan from that house, I have no idea.
The story takes us on a dark and twisted journey to Coldtown where Tana lives among dangerous vampires and is at risk of turning into one. She seems to do a good job at evading it though until one of the people she meets along the way bites her.....

I love the ending to what I thought was an epic vampire novel

I adore and love Gavriel and Tana. I need a Team Gavriel button

Goodreads Synopsis: Tana lives in a world where walled cities called Coldtowns exist. In them, quarantined monsters and humans mingle in a decadently bloody mix of predator and prey. The only problem is, once you pass through Coldtown’s gates, you can never leave. One morning, after a perfectly ordinary party, Tana wakes up surrounded by corpses. The only other survivors of this massacre are her exasperatingly endearing ex-boyfriend, infected and on the edge, and a mysterious boy burdened with a terrible secret. Shaken and determined, Tana enters a race against the clock to save the three of them the only way she knows how: by going straight to the wicked, opulent heart of Coldtown itself. The Coldest Girl in Coldtown is a wholly original story of rage and revenge, of guilt and horror, and of love and loathing from bestselling and acclaimed author Holly Black.