Jackie's Booklikes

Insights for the Booksites - reading mostly for my own pleasure

Jackiez

Horns by Joe Hill

Horns - Joe Hill

Horns written by Joe Hill will be debuting in theaters sometime in 2014. The star playing the role of Ignatius Perrish, is none other than Harry Potter's Daniel Radcliffe sure to be one of the most anticipated movies of the year.

Something happened to Ignatius Perrish, when he fell asleep drunk in an old foundry underneath a tree where Merrin Williams was sodomized and killed. In the first half of the story we are left wondering how it happened and why two horns are growing on the side of his head. Nobody seemed to care, oddly enough, but what they did care about is they believed he was the one who killed Merrin and got away with it. Except HE didn't kill her. Poor devil.

What I didn't expect was blasphemy, right from the start. I don't think I'll want to see the movie. Sometimes it was pretty shitty but that is how the devil operates, so I understood. I was expecting more of a suspense thriller but it wasn't like that, in fact, it was even funny. Ironically the devil isn't the bad guy, but a lying politician is; though we know Satan is a master of disguise.  It's an awfully wierd psychological fantasy ride into hell after Ignatius loses his only love and his heaven with Merrin Williams. Ig learns that he can compel people to confess their dirty secrets and draws them to do terrible things. Indeed the devil is portrayed more accurately than Joe Black.

Source: http://odadjian.deviantart.com/art/Horns-394722100