Jackie's Booklikes

Insights for the Booksites - reading mostly for my own pleasure

Jackiez
SPOILER ALERT!

The Ghost and The Graveyard

The Ghost and The Graveyard (Knight Games) - Genevieve Jack

Left destitute by an unscrupulous ex-boyfriend, Grateful Knight takes her father up on his offer to live in a house he owns but hasn't been able to sell. Desperate to make a new start, Grateful tries to overlook the property’s less desirable features, like the cemetery that stretches to her back door. On the bright side, the unbelievably gorgeous cemetery caretaker, Rick, is dead set on helping her feel at home. Despite her desire to take things slowly after her last disastrous relationship, a mystical connection means she literally can’t keep her hands off of him.

When things in Grateful’s house start moving on their own, another man enters her life, a sexy ghost who lives in her attic and keeps a dark secret. Magical forces are at work in Red Grove and they're converging on Grateful. Solving this ghostly mystery won’t be easy and with the caretaker becoming increasingly jealous of her spectral relationship, Grateful may be forced to choose between the ghost and the graveyard.

My Review

Grateful King, moves to a small town house in Red Grove, but soon learns secrets about herself that astound her beyond belief. Aside from the fact she lives next to a graveyard and her house is haunted. It was revealed to her by a very sexy and attractive man that she is his reincarnated lost love, Hecate, the monk's hill witch.The one she fantasized about and who desired her for himself is Rick Ordenes, the caretaker.

His gray eyes settled on my face. “I am the caretaker, Grateful.” His finger tapped the scar on his chest. “And you are the Monk’s Hill witch. Your soul has returned to me again as it does each time you die. Your work awaits you. All you have to do is accept your role, and it will be done.”

The third wheel Ghost, Logan, seems content where he's at and unconcerned about moving on due to either his lost memories OR maybe in some twisting turn of event HIS BODY IS STILL ALIVE!

“What? I don’t want that guy touching my body,” Logan protested. “You should have had such qualms when you possessed me, you insolent ball of gas!” Rick threw up his hands in disgust.

He knows about the magic and power of the sorter witch, and would rather stay with her than be doomed to hell. I don't know why he fears going to hell as he is a very sweet comic relief and besides, Grateful would never send him there.The villain is Marcus an evil vampire who had been bound to the cemetery by the witch in her past reincarnation.

“Calling her a witch is an understatement. Her name was Isabella Lockhart, and she was more powerful than any to walk this earth. She was a sorceress of the dead and, although Monk didn’t know it, she had been protecting the town of Red Grove for years from the supernatural beings passing through these woods.”

I really liked this story and I would recommend it [for 18+ age because of the sexual content] in the Allhallowsread made popular by Neil Gaiman.