Jackie's Booklikes

Insights for the Booksites - reading mostly for my own pleasure

Jackiez

Fraterfest Readathon progress update: I've read 93 out of 424 pages.

Under My Hat: Tales from the Cauldron - Jim Butcher, Frances Hardinge, Holly Black, Delia Sherman, Neil Gaiman, Tanith Lee, Peter S. Beagle, M. Rickert, Tim Pratt, Margo Lanagan, Isobelle Carmody, Ellen Klages, Jonathan Strahan, Diana Peterfreund, Ellen Kushner, Charles de Lint, Jane Yolen, Garth Nix, Patricia A

Payment Due is about a witch switching bodies with a cat so she would be better enabled to spy on the bailiff who had taken some of her grandmother's belongings. In order to retrieve them, she had to enter his home as his cat. It was a risky switcheroo as the cat wasn't very pleasant while in her body but whatever. She was able to save the day I guess.

I didn't like the next story. A Handful of Ashes. Ugh! For gosh sakes I couldn't stop yawning and dozing off but finally this morning I persevered. Trudged through the muck and mire of a mess. It was a terribly written short story, that happens in a witch school * unlike Harry Potters Hogwarts * Some names and things I was not familiar with like Ogham, Brythonic, geas, sizars I mean wtf?

So we're off to a slow start in Fraterfest RAT but no worries. I slept for about 8 hours. It is 9:46 AM

Source: http://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/2018/09/fraterfest-readathon-sign-up.html