Jackie's Booklikes

Insights for the Booksites - reading mostly for my own pleasure

Jackiez

Finished Reading Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

Frankenstein - Mary Shelley

I just want to say that I finished reading this book and I'm glad I did. I really loved it. It read like a poem of a tale told about Victor Frankenstein and his monster. It was relayed to Captain Robert Walton as he writes four letters to Margaret Saville.

The story begins when Victor was found upon an iceberg in the snowy vicinity of Russia pursuing his monster. A ship is seen in the distance and rescues him! If you have read it, you will know what transpires.

It is of the strangest curiosity and utterly the most dangerous adventure I've ever heard. I highly recommend it.

Frankenstein was beautifully written and I feel sorry for the monster but I have no empathy for Victor Frankenstein himself. Were he to be seen just as evil as the monster had become? I don't know. I do know that if a person is to only know goodness and mercy and kindness etc all his life then he would do/be good. If a person only knows unkindness, violence, squalor, fear, hatred, neglect, abuse, intolerable conditions, then he will not do so good in fact, he becomes bad BECAUSE of those circumstances. That is what I believe and Frankenstein exemplifies that fact.

The audio was narrated and performed by Jim Weiss