Jackie's Booklikes

Insights for the Booksites - reading mostly for my own pleasure

Jackiez

Gin's Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich

Spider's Bite - Jennifer Estep

Jennifer Estep is the author of the best selling Elemental Assassin series featuring the character Gin Blanco. Gin is an assassin/restaurant owner/excellent chef.

From Jennifer Estep's Recipe Box — the sandwich recipe is taken from Spider's Bite.

People have been saying for years how much they enjoyed reading about Gin making that sandwich in Spider's Bite. So I thought that I would share a recipe for it. Enjoy!

Gin's Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich

1/2 cup peanut butter 1/2 canned pumpkin 1 banana 2 slices of your favourite bread Honey, cinnamon, and nutmeg, optional

• In a bowl, combine the peanut butter and canned pumpkin until smooth. Spread the mixture on a piece of bread. You will have enough spread for a couple of sandwiches, if not more.
  • Peel the banana and slice it into round pieces. Arrange banana slices on the peanut butter mixture. Top with the other slice of bread and serve. Or you can drizzle and sprinkle a little honey, cinnamon, and nutmeg on top of the bananas for a little extra sweetness.

Note: If you are gluten-free, you can omit the bread and just make the peanut butter and pumpkin mixture. It makes a great dip for apple slices, strawberries, pretzels, graham crackers, and more.