Jackie's Booklikes

Insights for the Booksites - reading mostly for my own pleasure

Jackiez

Finished Reading The Darkest Star

The Darkest Star - Jennifer L. Armentrout

It has been a long time since I read the Lux novels. I remember neither Luc or his friends and not much about Sergeant Dasher or the experiments on kids.

All of Luc's friends, Dee, Archer and even Daemon are back in The Darkest Star.

What didn't I like? Why did Evie or Luc always finish each other's sentences? It was annoying. I know, I'm picky, but it bothered me ok? Also, the writing didn't appeal to my intelligence, but it's YA so I can't expect anything more however disappointing.

I don't remember much about Micah. Micah was only ten years old but because of the human experiments, he aged rapidly.
In The Darkest Star, we learn about who Evie is. I didn't understand her feelings about the ordeal. She couldn't accept that she was Nadia? Why not? And the other thing, she was only four years into being Evelyn so why was learning about who she used to be so detrimental like make her want to flip out? Why couldn't she see she was special? She was very immature and not very reasonable. As far as I'm concerned, there is nothing wrong with finding out you used to be someone else. Deal with it, get over it. So, she lost her memories of who she was before, and that's sad and unfortunate, but, I mean if she still looks like Nadia is she then Evie? Crikey.

Whatever Micah told Luc, was meant for another novel because something about they're coming, or they're here. What do you think Micah meant? To be continued