Jackie's Booklikes

Insights for the Booksites - reading mostly for my own pleasure

Jackiez

HOT GUY: A Christmas Story

HOT GUY: A Christmas StoryHOT GUY: A Christmas Story by H.M. Ward
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Aiden Ryan is in his mid-thirties and in a position of losing his family fortune tied up in his Dad's company, Norvek. Only his dad died and his evil uncle James wants it for himself and puts Aiden through a sort of hell reducing him to nothing. I don't understand how people can think of getting away with murder. As Aiden discovers he was blackmailed for killing a bunch of individuals, who had taken a so-called "cure for cancer" pill that his Uncle James had tampered with making the formula poisonous. Woah now there is a mouthful. Aiden had created this 'cure for cancer' calling it RequimX, knowing that Aiden would be the heir to his dad's company.

Okay, so there was some unfinished business that Hot Guy now was put to the test to keep his job. It was doomed to fail because of a trifling weather forecast in New York risking not only his little Hottie Hut but every other business in the city as well.

He meets a girl named Kris, with her set of problems that neither of them wanted anyone to know. I wouldn't call them honest with each other but whatever.
When they couldn't hide their feelings for each other is when all hell breaks loose, secrets were unveiled only to reveal their love for each other could not keep them apart for long.

I wish Hot Guy would have prevailed to tell us what came next because the story didn't seem finished to me when we learned of a marriage proposal. It had the potential of being more than a short story novella. For that, I am knocking off two stars. I feel it is important to tie up loose ends. I couldn't access Aiden's HEA link either.

Source: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1812291159