Jackie's Booklikes

Insights for the Booksites - reading mostly for my own pleasure

Jackiez

A Christmas Carol

A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens I watched a favorite film version of "A Christmas Carol,"(Albert Finney Scrooge) right after I finished reading the ebook. Personally I have always found it a little boring but what do I know ? I still really liked it as it is a christmas classic and would probably have never known scrooge otherwise. I wonder what ever happens to Jacob Marley's Ghost? Does he ever get released from his chains for coming to warn his fellow friend of a fate like his? He must have cared enough about scrooge and wouldn't that be enough to warrant his salvation? I can't believe Jacob was in hell because I always thought once you are in hell you cannot get out but then again what do I know ? Anyway I will assume everyone has heard of this story and will just say in the words of Tiny Tim "God bless Us, Every One!"Favorite quotesI have endeavoured in this Ghostly little book, to raise the Ghost of an Idea, which shall not put my readers out of humour with themselves, with each other, with the season, or with me."If they would rather die," said Scrooge, "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."