Jackie's Booklikes

Insights for the Booksites - reading mostly for my own pleasure

Jackiez

Catching Fire (Hunger Games Series #2)

Catching Fire - Suzanne  Collins I wasn't too thrilled about having to watch Katniss and Peeta go through another ordeal in the arena along with past victors of the games because of the quarter Quell . The Game itself is a reminder for the citizens of Panem of those who died in the initial rebellion and they're the reason district 13 no longer exists ....supposedly anyway . The Capitol boasts that not even the strongest tribute could ever take down the capitol but little do they know , at the end of the book we are informed there is a secret group who plan to do just that ; overthrow the Capitol; and are staging a rebellion. They wish Katniss to be the symbol for that rebellion which is the mockingjay. Katniss found out previously from two ladies , Bonnie and Twill that the mockingjay was a symbol for rebellion. They had escaped the uprising in district 8 and were running to get to district 13 and told Katniss they believed there were people in district 13 who had survived and live underground in spite of the capitol.