Jackie's Booklikes

Insights for the Booksites - reading mostly for my own pleasure

Jackiez

Radiant (Unearthly, #2.5)

Radiant (Unearthly, #2.5) - Cynthia Hand I liked it a lot but it's not like you know, amazing. Clara's continued visions are troubling ones. It's been so long since I read Hallowed that I was able to quickly get back into the story. We find out more about Angela's secret boyfriend while she and Clara are spending the summer in Italy. His name is Phen. He says he's an ambivalent angel. He's neither good or bad but that he doesn't take sides in the fight. He's odd; at least Clara thinks so. Where Angela would readily take his side no matter what, but she hasn't seen what Clara saw. Clara thinks he has more power than simply inspiring people, and so do I. Angela is a bit of a mystery to me, and treats her best friend rather poorly. She doesn't stand up for what is good unlike Clara. As far as Angela's dark side is concerned, it's no surprise, because her dad was a fallen angel.I think there is more to Phen than either of them know. This novella gives us a taste of what we are anticipating in the next book, Boundless. I look forward to seeing Christian again. I hope Clara uncovers the mysteries of her dark visions.