Jackie's Booklikes

Insights for the Booksites - reading mostly for my own pleasure

Jackiez

Big Girls Don't Cry

Big Girls Don't Cry - Taylor Lee Lexie is a big girl at 16, at least she thinks she is, but when her big brother Anthony ruins her pole dancing debut she escapes that life safely and intact. Her brother is an Army Major with a lot of muscle who has been looking for her for 14 years and now that he's found her he will do everything to protect her. She spends the next 10 years of her life learning the martial arts but when she hears that her brother has been brutally murdered she stubbornly tries to find the killer(s) on her own even refusing the help of the Army and the Police! lol I thought that was stupid and naive of her but lucky for her, Anthony's friend Col.Jake Gardner was just as determined to protect Lexie and he also wants to make her his womanI didn't like Jake calling her 'darlin' it sounded too old or maybe it's because I didn't find Jake that hot. At first I was embarrassed with the way she treated Jake but it worked itself out, thank God for Brady, and yes, there was a lot of sex and I liked Lexie's Camaro and Jakes motorbike.