Jackie's Booklikes

Insights for the Booksites - reading mostly for my own pleasure

Jackiez

Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series #6)

Lover Enshrined - J.R. Ward Meh..I didn't like how this particular book ended. I mean the end seemed to drag on and on and on. Cormia and Phury are the least of my favorite couples so far. SO MUCH DRAMA! ugh I hate drama. Their sex wasn't formidable like all the others. I agree it was very frustrating!Phury's character took a turn for the worse and was a big disappointment on all levels. He was a drug addict who, even his love for Cormia, would not save him. What a wreck! He was no longer able to function as a warrior/brother in the mansion either and couldn't fulfill the Primales role except he change the spiritual fabric of the Other Side. In his mind he was a hero perhaps but I still saw him as weak.*shrugs* I didn't understand where his spiteful and intolerable "wizard" came from, even though Phury seemed to tolerate it, I could not lol. I like how Quinn's new role as ahstrux nohtrum - John Matthews' protector- saved him from going to jail for the supposed murder of Lash-John's enemy. Good call on Wrath's part. WHO THE HELL IS LASSITER??! and Payne? WTF? such a potty mouth to off her mother the Scribe Virgin with "FUCK YOU" :/ Those were the first words to come out of her mouth when she was awakened from suspended animation I kid you not.