Jackie's Booklikes

Insights for the Booksites - reading mostly for my own pleasure

Jackiez

The Fault in Our Stars

The Fault in Our Stars - John Green Hazel has thyroid cancer which causes problems to her lungs making it hard to breathe. She has to carry an oxygen tank with her everywhere she goes. She also is forced to go to a cancer support group in the basement of The 'Literal' Heart of Jesus Church. Her and Augustus and Isaac made fun of it, but being catholic it didn't offend me so much as it made me giggle.Augustus Waters has a prosthetic leg and Isaac lost his eye and is going blind. They all attend Support Group, but Hazel really really really likes Augustus. She says he's hot. He came across like a dork but then again Hazel herself didn't strike me as being a pretty girl. To be fair it probably had a lot to do with the audio's narrator Kate Rudd. Don't get me wrong, I thought she was a really good narrator it's just when it came to Augustus being hot I couldn't picture him in my mind. It made me cry a lot but I am an emotional being. And anyway, Cancer is not my favorite topic. I don't think I can write a good review right now. Maybe later. My favorite quote:‘Pain is like fabric: The stronger it is, the more it’s worth.’ Green, John (2012-01-10). The Fault in Our Stars (Kindle Locations 2944-2945). Penguin Group US. Kindle Edition.