Jackie's Booklikes

Insights for the Booksites - reading mostly for my own pleasure

Jackiez

Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark)

Dark Needs at Night's Edge - Kresley Cole Neomi Laress is a ghost who lives in the house she was murdered in. Elancourt was a classic gothic estate. As a human she was a famous ballet dancer. Sebastian, Nikolai and Murdoch found their brother Conrad. He was a fallen vampire who killed for blood and whose eyes had turned red. Fallen vampires were hunted down by the forebearers because they were dangerous and because the memories of their victims would make them crazy. The Wroth brothers wanted to help Conrad so they brought him to Elancourt in shackles and chained him up ensuring he couldn't leave. I thought it strange that he was the only one who could see .....the beautiful female. Neomi was very gentle with Conrad and the most sensual if ever there was such a thing. She could move things with her mind and scared unwanted guests if she had to, but she began having strong feelings for Conrad right from the start and she made him want to be a better person/vampire. Neomi contacted Mariketa the witch to see about giving her a body. Mariketa might be a powerful witch but she could not perform a miracle. However she was able to embody Neomi for awhile under the understanding that she would die again very soon . During that short period of time Conrad came back to life. He was blooded and claimed Neomi for himself and eventually got married yadda yadda yadda I liked all the characters in this book particularly Nix. Who doesn't like her right? She's my favourite.